Tonight's numbers and another question

Jun 26, 2007
MA
I just tested
FC bright yellow above the .5
PH 7.2
cya 40
TA 110
TC 12.5 I think I did the drop test 25X.5, did the CC test water stayed clear so no CC. If I'm correct my tc is 12.5 right?

Not sure if I have enough in my kit to do another full drop test. I have to reorder some tomorrow.

How often should I check CYA? Trying to figure out if I need a refill on that also. I have enough for 1 more test.

I'll update my number again in the am

I'm not familiar with the chlorine test that you described so I'll let someone else answer that one.

Once your CYA is in range, you can typically check it monthly. Check it more often if you have had lots of water changed out or anything.

You normally only need to test CYA two or three times a season, plus after you add CYA, or when there has been a significant amount of water replacement.

I think you mixed up TC and FC. The simple OTO chlorine test, where drops turn the sample various shades of yellow, measures TC. While the more complex FAS-DPD chlorine test, where powder turns the sample pink and then drops eventually turn it clear again, measures FC and CC.

In any case, yes it sounds like your FC level is 12.5 and CC is zero.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.