autofill/water leveler

Jul 13, 2007
I live in OKC and the temps have been over 100 for the past several weeks. I have noticed my neighbor's pool losing quite a bit of water to evaporation and I expect to see the same. I was wondering if anyone has experience or recommendations regarding an autofill valve (if that is what it's called) that will add water to the pool as required. I know that a garden hose will do the same thing, but since I am early in the build process, I thought it was worth asking about. My idea is to tie into the supply line of my sprinkler system to get the water to the pool. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Auto level systems (fill and drain) are nice and not too expensive when installed with the pool. The only problem is that if you have a leak you can't really tell except that all of your chemical levels will keep falling.

I have a Letro auto leveler installed. The shutoff valve for mine is easily to get to in the basement. I can here it running and turn it off a few times during the season to monitor the water level. Have to remember to winterize it with everything else.

I live in Austin, TX, similar climate. I have a Pool Miser autolevelr. You just set the float level, it's exactly the same mechanism found in toilets and forget. I had the input side of mine plumbed to my irrigation system during construction.

any idea where you can get a pool miser? Lenny Z....are you happy with how it works for you? I assume you install it in a skimmer basket but how does the water movement effect how it works. The water in a toilet tank is pretty stable. Thanks.

rockyboy said:
any idea where you can get a pool miser? Lenny Z....are you happy with how it works for you? I assume you install it in a skimmer basket but how does the water movement effect how it works. The water in a toilet tank is pretty stable. Thanks.

My autofill looks very similar to the pool miser (it might actually be one). It's actually a separate reservoir from the skimmer but looks like a skimmer when the cover is on. Inside the reservoir is a float valve (much like a toilet). My builder tied into a water spigot nearby and put a valve at the spigot to turn the auto leveler on and off. The line from the spigot runs under the deck and into the side of the auto-fill and there is a "return eye" in the wall of the pool where the water goes into the pool.

Look HERE for one like mine.

Hope this gives you an idea.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.