Need interim solution for green pool for 2weeks.

Jun 7, 2010
I am having my pool liner replaced with scheduled appointment on July 12 week.
They will flush out the water and I have to replace water with public tap water after liner replacement.

Currently my pool is green, lot of algae and I see bugs and things moving around the pool since pool has not been used.

I have to wait for another 2 weeks before getting new liner. I am concerned with stuff growing in the water and general hygiene.

What should I do? Any cheap way to sanitize the pool without turning on the filter since water will be drained in 2weeks. Prefer not my filter dirty with the current water.

Should I close the pool with the cover after sanitizing it?

Please suggest!

Today pool guys are here to replace the liner. It is cloudy and they have already drained the water and started cutting old liner out.

Question:
1. Is it okay to install new liner on wet rainy day? Luckily it's not raining currently, but will definitely rain later today. They seem to be very fast.

2. What are things as pool owner that I need to watch during the install? Anything specific I need to verify?

3. Anything else that I need to replace or change during this time. How about sand, it's probably 10yrs old?

Please share your experience.

Thanks

Your thinking about the sand is a good thing. It most likely doesn't need changing unless you want to do it anyway to start fresh.

I would, however, let a good long backwash be the first thing I did after the fill. That'll go ahead and get whatever crud that's in it out and not dump it in the new water.

The pool store told me to replace sand after 6 to 7 years. The sand does become eroded, rounded, and does not filter as well. Maybe because their profits are down this year a pool store told a friend to replace her sand after 3 years. I would look at Lowe's and HD for pool sand. You can replace it yourself. I have a shop vac and that made the process fairly easy. If you DIY take care not to damage the laterals at the bottom of the sand filter. If you want to wait until the end of the season nothing bad is going to happen; smaller partials may get through the filter. Many people on this forum recommend using pool DE on top of the sand filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.