Nazareth, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Core-55
You've all provided such great info to me so far regarding my new pool, so I thought I'd also take a chance that perhaps one of you can also provide some insight on my issue with installing a simple lighting fixture in my new gazebo (part of the overall pool project!)

I just recently purchased a gazebo with pre-wiring for a light. I bought a simple octagonal light fixture that should fit nicely over the octagonal opening in the gazebo ceiling where the wire comes in. However, there is a cross-member bar straight across the celing opening and so I'm not quite sure how to install any type of junction box onto which I can then install my light fixture. If I tack the box to the bottom of this cross-member, the light fixture would not be flush against the celing.
Anyone have any thoughts on the proper installation of a gazebo light? (Even if I were installing a ceiling fan I'd have the same issue)

Thanks John!! I got more useful info from you than I did from the company that sold me the gazebo! I stopped by their showroom to inquire and the guy there had no clue how one would install a fixture on their own gazebos. He just kept telling me he's not an electrician. Even emailed their corp office, and got no response. WOW!

The item you posted ALMOST did the trick for me. I actually purchased that exact item at my Home Depot, but then got it home and realized it is meant to install along the short side of a 2X4, otherwise it doesn't install in the middle - and your light fixture would be off-center. I replaced it with a simple metal box known as a "pancake box" which is only 1/2" thick and fit perfectly. Got the light installed yesterday, just in time for the big pool party this weekend!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.