tf100 chlorine only vial

May 21, 2010
I got the magnetic stirer. And I must say it is a must have. I test everything in the vial that it came with. I was wandering if that was ok being the one vial that cqme with my test kit says chlorine only

Using tf100. It came with 2 vials. One says chlorine only. My magnetic stirer came with its own vial. I use it for all my test. I thought am I supposed to use a separaTe vial for chlorine being my tf100 kit has a chlorine only vial.

Since you have been using the "chlorine only" vial that came with the TF-100, I would suggest continuing to use that one and put away the one that came with the stirrer for future use. Either one should work.

Over time, the FAS/DPD chlorine test will leave a dark stain on the cylinder which is why one cylinder is marked "chlorine only".

Incidentally,The stain is easy to clean with a 50/50 solution of muriatic acid.

I'm going to start using the chlorine only one. It doesn't seem to be as big around but magnet still fits and mixes about the same. Only diff I noticed was the one that came with the kit was reading a little diff than the chlorine only one. But was very small diff.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.