Rock sealant?

Apr 25, 2007
Iowa
I have my IG pool, 4 ft of concrete around the pool, and then small rocks called River Rock around the rest of the area. The river rock is anywhere from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inch in diameter.
When I take my solor cover off of the pool, I just pull it into a corner that has the rocks under it. The problem is that when I drag the cover over to put it back onto the pool, rocks come with it and they get into the pool.
Does anyone know of a sealant or schellac or something that I can put on the rocks to hold them in place? I don't want to get a roller for the cover because it will be to large for the area.

Thanks.
Bruce

Bruce, I have a friend that did something similar (although non-pool related). What he did was took a full gallon of PolyUrethane and dumped it on a section of Pea-Gravel to hold them in place. Now be forewarned, that was the shiniest Pea-Gravel I have ever seen but, they were not going anywhere after it cured. Don't know if that helps. Good luck and keep us posted.

Attachments

• arsch2.gif
    arsch2.gif
    3.3 KB · Views: 12
  • emot-puke.gif
    emot-puke.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 12
divnkd101 said:
Bruce, I have a friend that did something similar (although non-pool related). What he did was took a full gallon of PolyUrethane and dumped it on a section of Pea-Gravel to hold them in place. Now be forewarned, that was the shiniest Pea-Gravel I have ever seen but, they were not going anywhere after it cured. Don't know if that helps. Good luck and keep us posted.

That is a good idea. Do you know if the area got hot? I still want to be able to walk on it and not burn my feet or the solor cover :) Maybe it comes in a mat finish?

No, it was not too hot. My only fear would be that it would cause the rocks to be too slippery. However, you stated that there is a large variation in the size of rocks. There should be enough discontinuity on the surface to prevent that. Be sure to post some pics once you make a decision and "Get'R'Done". :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.