Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rock sealant?

1. Back To Top    #1

Rock sealant?

I have my IG pool, 4 ft of concrete around the pool, and then small rocks called River Rock around the rest of the area. The river rock is anywhere from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inch in diameter.
    When I take my solor cover off of the pool, I just pull it into a corner that has the rocks under it. The problem is that when I drag the cover over to put it back onto the pool, rocks come with it and they get into the pool.
    Does anyone know of a sealant or schellac or something that I can put on the rocks to hold them in place? I don't want to get a roller for the cover because it will be to large for the area.

Thanks.
    Bruce

2. Back To Top    #2
    Bruce, I have a friend that did something similar (although non-pool related). What he did was took a full gallon of PolyUrethane and dumped it on a section of Pea-Gravel to hold them in place. Now be forewarned, that was the shiniest Pea-Gravel I have ever seen but, they were not going anywhere after it cured. Don't know if that helps. Good luck and keep us posted.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by divnkd101
    Bruce, I have a friend that did something similar (although non-pool related). What he did was took a full gallon of PolyUrethane and dumped it on a section of Pea-Gravel to hold them in place. Now be forewarned, that was the shiniest Pea-Gravel I have ever seen but, they were not going anywhere after it cured. Don't know if that helps. Good luck and keep us posted.
    That is a good idea. Do you know if the area got hot? I still want to be able to walk on it and not burn my feet or the solor cover Maybe it comes in a mat finish?

4. Back To Top    #4
    No, it was not too hot. My only fear would be that it would cause the rocks to be too slippery. However, you stated that there is a large variation in the size of rocks. There should be enough discontinuity on the surface to prevent that. Be sure to post some pics once you make a decision and "Get'R'Done".
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8