I can't decide which one to get ???

Rescue30

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 6, 2008
New Jersey
Hi,
I want to install a SWG into my existing pool plumbing .I like the easy installation of the Jandy Apure AquaPure Ei Chlorine Generator 35K . Does anyone have it in their pool ? I know Jandy was bought by Zodiac , how has their durability been on their other SWG ? Or should i stick with Hayward or Autopilot ?

Thanks

One thing I can say based on past experience about SWG. Do yourself a favor and purchase this salt test kit. Trust me on this. No matter what the installer or salesperson says, don't rely 100% on the panel reading of the SWG. There is no harm in having a secondary method of testing the salt level. The danger is that if the SWG displays a low reading, you think "oh, I better add salt." Then if the reading is incorrect & your salt level is actually fine, and you add salt, you have to drain the pool to fix that issue (excess salt). If you independently test the salt with a salt test kit, you avoid that pain.

My concern is that the Aquapure EI is rated for 35k, my pol is 33K , reading here on the Forum, it looks like I should go with at least a 40k unit , am I correct ? Also my plumbing is a little tight (Ok , no comments please) and the cell would have to be placed vertically , where the water would flow down through it , as that is the only pipe with room to cut and put it in there, can all the SWG work in that direction or am I limited with what I can get ? THANKS

Can the Hayward Aquarite or Pentair Intellichlor be installed vertically ? I don't want to do all my plumbing over again , there is a staright pipe oming out of the filter (return side) where I can mount the flow switch and then there is an elbow with a downward straight pipe where the Cell can go if it can be mounted vertically . By the way, how much would the initial bags of salt run to convert a 33k pool to SW ?

I've looked over my plumbing , can the flow switch go before the filter and then the cell after the filter for the hayward system ? I was looking now at the Compupool system , I can plumb it in with some pipe work, I'll have to extended one pipe a little longer and then put the cell in , then elbow down to the return line connection , I was thinking of the 45K or 60K Compupool , will the 60k be overkill for a 33k pool or bigger is better (as usual) as stated in the forums here ? also how has the reliability been withh the Compupool products ? do they stand behind their stuff ? or should i stick to hayward which is more expensive ? THANKS

I have an aussie model called the Compu Chlor..it does use a higher salterwater concentration (5500ppm) but I don't notice any difference between our water and my neighbors..who has his salt at 3200ppm.

Also...this unit is super easy to setup, and can be mounted vertical or horisontal. Also, the cool part about it. is that this unit has auto "cell reversing" for cleaning the cell. It seems to work great. And again it's very easy to setup and use, as it's all analog..no digital buttons, or readouts.

Hope that helps

Compupool units have gotten popular recently because of the low prices. They haven't been around long enough to develop an clear signs of good/bad reliability. At least one person had a great warranty repair experience.

Having a SWG that is rated for around twice as large as the pool is usually a good way to save money in the long run. The cell will last nearly twice as long and doesn't cost anywhere near twice as much.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
JasonLion said:
The Jandy AuqaPure Ei must be installed on a horizontal pipe.

Instead of starting a new thread, this one seemed appropriate.
Why could the Jandy not be installed vertically(I know the manual says horizontal)? I just ordered one and can easily install it vertically in my return piping , but would drastically have to change my setup to install it horizontally.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.