Bromine in chlorine pool

lessma

Jun 30, 2010
I just realized today that I should not have been putting bromine tabs in my chlorine pool! I've only been doing it for about 2 weeks but I fear the damage has already been done. Here are the results from my water test at the local pool store:
Tot Chl.= 1, Free Chl.= 1, ph=7.4, Tot Akl=105, Adj Akl=87, Tot Hard=230, Temp=82, Sat Idx=-.1, TDS=600, CYA=60. Curiously, the pool store checked the chlorine levels and the bromine levels (once she heard about my stupidity) and the chlorine only showed up on 1 of the tests (it was the same test, just 2 times). So here are my questions: 1.) Am I really stuck with being a bromine pool until I have my pool resurfaced in the fall when it will be drained? 2.)If I am now a bromine pool, how do I take care of it until it is drained in the fall? Forgot to mention that I do have a FROG pack on the pool that was used last year for 3 months only.

Do I continue to add the same weekly maintance dose of algacide? And should I continue with the bromine tablets or stop using them and continue on with the mass chlorine doses daily?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.