Pool Calculator/Pool School

ajones02

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Feb 4, 2010
Keller, Texas
All, this site is fantastic and all of the help you have provided me has been second to none. it's MUCH appreciated. quick question:

according to my test results last night:

FC 6.5
CC 0
TC 6.5
PH 7.5
TA 100
CH 300
CYA 70
TEMP 84 (after rain)
Salt 3330 (new test strips)

pool school says that based on my CYA i have a target FC of 5 but when i enter the information into the pool calculator (which i may not be doing this correctly) it's telling me that i have a FC range of 5-10. i've read on here that the PC may overstate the target from a shocking the pool perspective but is this the same from a FC perspective?

Thanks for any input. :cheers:

At the bottom of PC there is a group of cells where you set up your pool. With your pool you would set yours up for troublefreepool recommended levels and a SWG as the chlorine source and plaster as the surface. With that set you'll get a FC goal of 3 to 10. The reason it's a little higher than the chart recommends is that you want to dose so that the FC never goes below the min. and that may take more than 5 if you only run your SWCG a few hours a day.

thanks bama for the response, i actually set it up like that and that's when it gave me the numbers for FC. i'm guessing that as long as i stay between those numbers i'm good? we are having a party this weekend so i'll keep it on the high end of that.

the weird thing is that i'm running the SWG 12 hours a day anywhere from 70-80% to keep up with the FC loss during the day. it's been extremely hot here in north texas for several weeks now and the pool is in full sun all day long.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.