Test Results

Jun 19, 2010
I have a 21,000 AGP. Using the Taylor K-2006 testing kit, my tests results are as follows:

FC= 0.5
CC= 0.0
TA=60
PH=7.7
CH=50
CYA= doesn't register yet, I added 3 lbs. of granular stabilizer last week and have used 3 tablets of tri-clor.

My question is, should I raise the TA up a little using baking soda or will this raise my PH to unacceptable levels? Since I have a vinyl liner, is my CH levels okay?

Also, how long does it take for CYA to show up in the tests? I have already ran out of CYA reagent. (just ordered more).

I have several more tri-clor tablets. Should I use these until my CYA in up to around 40 or should I just use bleach?

Thanks for your input. Really great site.

Mark.

Looks like you have a plan which is good :goodjob:

Baking soda has negligible immediate effect on pH, but the higher your TA is the faster pH will tend to drift up. If you do raise TA, shoot for the low end of the recommended range (70).

You can use the trichlor now, or save it for vacations.

Most importantly, your FC is low. You should assume that all the CYA you added (~25) is already there so your FC range is 2-6.

duraleigh said:
To emphasize svenpup's very good advice...

Most importantly, your FC is low. You should assume that all the CYA you added (~25) is already there so your FC range is 2-6.
Amen!

How does your water look?

Water looks great. Crystal clear.

I just added 2 trichlor tabs in the skimmer basket, 3 lbs. of baking soda and about 4 ozs. of polyquat 60 algaecide.

NCFlyersFan said:
Why the algaecide? If you maintain FC levels in the target band, there is no need for algaecide. Particularly with crystal clear water. That is the beauty of the BBB system.
I'm afraid with my chlorine levels dropping so low at the end of each day (hot a sunny here almost every day) that algae may start to develop. I just installed my pool last week and I am new to pool care and I am a little nervous. I have a bottle of polyquat 60 that the pool man gave me when I bought my pool so I thought it couldn't hurt to use a little of it. Agree?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.