Where do I get Borate strips?

jimbo65 said:
Where do I get Borate strips? I was in Leslies today and the guy never heard of using Borax in a pool.

No need to test for borates, unless you plan on adding enough to acheive 50ppm...if so TFtestkits.net has them

Believe it...call your local pool stores and see if they carry the Taylor K2006...they usually carry the Taylor K2005, but it not the same and you'll be missing the FAS-DPD test..the K2005 has the DPD test and is NOT the same.

Leslie's is the only store that carries a repackaged Taylor K2006.

The TF100 is by far a better value and the owner of TFP (Duraleigh...aka Dave) owns TFTestkits.net...you will not find better customer service in a brick and mortar store...the same stores that give most of TFP members shady pool advice.

here is a comparison and the only kits we recommend purchasing

http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/pool_test_kit_comparison

There certainly are some pool stores that carry a full range of test kits, including things like borate test strips. However, they are few and far between. None of the large chains keep these things in stock throughout the chain, though individual stores may have things that others do not.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.