Left the multi-switch on rinse?

woodyp

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 17, 2010
East Texas
Ok. Just got a big old 3 inch rain in a hour and a half, so I thought I'd use the extra water to backwash real good. And I did. Then I let it rinse for a while. Turned the pump off and left the switch in the rinse position. Ran a couple errands, got back an hour or so later and was gonna drain the pool back down to normal skimer level by just running the pump to waste. Low and behold, I find the water level at the bottom of the skimmer and now I'm ADDING water after all that rain! So please tell me that just leaving the switch in the Rinse position caused it to keep on draining while I was gone. Is this a typical newbie pool owner mistake? Got the hose running in it now and it seems to be rising. I just figured I had some kinda pool washout/liner ripping nightmare on my hands. Let others be warned! Full chemical rerun in the a.m. I guess--------if it has water in it still!

Yep, same thing happened to me last year...I went to the pool store got a liner patch kit, got out the food coloring to do leak hunting and was all ready to go diving to find my leak when my father called...told him what I was doing and he asked...did you put your valve back on filter? Couple of seconds of silence later...ooops. Off to get the hose and start refilling.
So I'll attest to common problem!

Yep rinse sends water through the filter just like "filter" position does but instead of going to the pool return it goes out of the waste hose.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.