CC High?

Hakkamike

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 30, 2007
Fort Worth, Texas
I am in the process of doing the Bac to Chlorine change and am keeping my FC right at 15 ppm. I just checked my CC and its reading 7. Will this come down when the water clears up and all the BAC is gone?? I hope this aint a stupid question :oops:

There are no stupid questions!!

Chlorine always goes away on its own, whether because it it being use up to sanitize things, or if it is degraded by the sun.

Keep shocking your pool until you can keep a steady chlorine reading overnight. Then you can let your Cl drift down to normal and start adjusting other water parameters.

Welcome, and check back when your Cl holds... we can assist you further with your GREAT choice in switching to BBB!

The only stupid question is the one you don't ask! :) The CC you are seeing is from the biguanide being oxidized by the chlorine. As your conversion progresses it will drop. Just keep your FC level up until the conversion is complete and then remember to change your filter media once the pool clears and the FC is holding.

Thanks for the super fast answers. I thought I had read that the CClevels will go down when the water stabilizes but needed the input from the experts :D The funny thing about my filter is that the psi has not really risen that much, its been holding a 11psi the whole time with no back washing at all?? We just had the pool put in this past August and when we closed it down for the winter we have not added any Bac at all so I guess the levels were really low??? Its a AG pool and I just moved the filter and pump and hard lined all the plumbing with new sand also, I think I know what you will say but will ask anyway, should I still change the sand out enen though the pressure is staying right at 11psi. Just one more quick note we have been doing the change over for 2 days now.

CC's will come down as long as you have direct sunlight on your pool! Those of us with indoor pools end up fighting those chloramines. . . my Baq conversion took several WEEKS. Months later, I still have some residue of that nasty stuff causing a staining problem.

Make sure you've flushed out your whole system. I apparently still have traces of Baq in my solar heating equipment.

Happy BBB'ing,
Jules

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.