Shock and Awwwww!!!!!

Jun 28, 2010
Fort Worth TX
Hello everyone. I am brand new to this site and almost just as new to owning a pool. I am in Fort Worth Tx and have a gunite pool, prob 35k-ish gal salt water system. Last week we had a fast growth of something yellow in our pool, which we later found out was yellow mustard algae. Called the pool peeps and they said it was due to poor circulation. They also said to turn off the pump and shock it with 15lbs. of shock. Did that, algae is gone but now water is extremely cloudy. On another note, figured out what the poor circ was about, the filter was covered in what I thought looked like toothpaste. WOW!!!!! Anyway, took apart and sprayed all down. My question is quite elaborate.

1. What do I need to do to clear up the pool? (am vacuuming right now)
2. Has anyone had experience/problems with their Chorine Generator control panel? (salinity wont display, temp wont display)

I turned chlorine production down to 00%(was at 90%) in hopes that the shock that we added will clear up quicker if the system is not producing more.

Any help or advice direct to my question or indirect to gunite pools in general will help tons. Just a note, we moved into this house in March, pool has been here since '06-'07 by the previous owners so, I am learning as I go. Anyway, let me know if you need any info. Thanks.

Billy

Welcome to TFP.

Post a full set of test results and how you got them.
pH
FC
CC
TA
CH
CYA

Then post your equipment. Filter, SWCG, pump, etc.

Do a lot of reading in Pool School. expecially how to clear algae and also how to properly shock your pool.

Buy yourself a good test kit if you don't have one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.