Intex 8111 salt system

Jun 28, 2010
Hi I just recently purchased a Intex #8111 salt system. It has the generator,pump and filter combo. I currenty have a jacuzzi 1000 1 hp pump and a 250lb sand filter. Can I run both systems together or do I have to take off the jacuzzi pump and sand filter. I have called Intex and got 3 different answers!
Thanx

Intex 8111 Salt system

Talked to a few people and of course got lots of different answers! Can I disconnect the pump on the Intex 8111 Krystal Klear salt system and just have it run thru my 1hp jacuzzi pump??

Topics merged for continuity.
257WbyMag - Forum Moderator

Welcome to TFP!

I have never tried it, but it looks like you can disconnect the water line that feeds from the Intex filter to the SWG. If you can find the correct fittings, you should be able to run water through the SWG without also going through the Intex pump or filter. The other challenge is to adjust the wiring so that the Intex pump doesn't have to be running when the SWG is powered. I don't have any clues on how you can do that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.