SWIM QUIP SKIMMER REPLACEMENT in fiberglass walls

NOF

Jun 27, 2010
First Post need some help. I recently moved into a home that has an inground pool. Well i just completed digging up all the lines and replacing them since the pool was leaking like crazy and couldnt keep pressure. Everything is fine I had to concrete saw lots of concrete to get to the inlets i am in the process of repouring the concrete and have noticed a small drip at the bottom of the skimmer and since the skimmer is probablly 35 years old and brittle would like to replace it this is the problem. The modle is a Swimquip 8650-7 i need somthing to cross refrence it to replace it. The walls are fiberglass and the bullnose to the pool is a formed lip that is molded in the wall all together I know pentair and starite are swimQuip I really need some help on this if any of you could help me I would be very gratefull thanks.

NOF, welcome to TFP!
Sounds like you've done a lot of work! With the deck up, replacing an old skimmer sounds like a good idea. It looks like swimquip became part of sta-rite, which then became part of pentair. Sorry I can't help more! Hopefully some others can. Posting a picture would be good too.

Hey just wanted to let others know that the the correct replacement for the Swimquip skimmer is a Sta-Rite U-3.

If you have a swimquip skimmer in concrete you want a U-3
If you have a swimquip skimmer in a wood wall pool, Vinly liner or fiberglass you want a U-3 for a liner it works on the prior three.

The modle is the exact size in all aspects except the length of the throat to the skimmer basket is a little longer.

I hope this helps some other people as It took me a lot of searching to find the rite replacement

Im excited got it installed today and will be pouriing back my concrete and geting ready to microtop it with a slate look.

All new lines and inlets and a new skimmer pump and sandfilter hopefuly next year no work to be done just fill and relax it was worth it.
And to all newbies thinking and afraid to jump into repair its not that hard and it makes the pool more enjoyable when you can fix it yourself this forum is full of vast information and very knowledgeable people.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.