AA treatment

diverman57

LifeTime Supporter
May 22, 2009
just finished AA treatment for metal stains on fiberglass. treatment worked great. i added the AA
yesterday followed by sequestrant. it has been 24 hours , so i just checked TA and ph. ph was at 7.2, so i will
leave that where it is. TA was 70, so i added baking soda per calculator to raise to 80. of course chlorine was at 0. My question is at what rate should i bring chlorine back up as the procedure says to bring it up slowly?

At first you want to add 1 or maybe 2 ppm of chlorine at a time, pouring much more slowly than usual. At first all of the chlorine will vanish in under an hour. During this initial phase, you can add more chlorine as often as once an hour, but don't bring the FC level above 2 at any point.

Once you are able to maintain 1 or 2 ppm of chlorine for more than an hour, you want to increase the FC level slowly, by 1 or 2 additional ppm each day, until you get up to your usual FC level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.