A FEW MORE PICTURES OF MY POOL AFTER FINDING TFP

Tbell

Jun 20, 2010
Tennessee
Good Morning all...here are a few pictures from yesterday. The kids are having a blast in my now CLEAN pool! Thanks again!

Attachments

• cleanwaterday14.jpg
    cleanwaterday14.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 1,687
  • poolday142010.jpg
    poolday142010.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 1,687
  • day14pool.jpg
    day14pool.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 1,687
Richard320 said:
I wonder if it wouldn't look better if you went to the pool store and bought a few hundred dollars worth of phosphate remover, clarifier, and all-purpose snake oil?

Just kidding! :jocolor:

Looks great!
Ha! You know the guy that tested my water at the pool store when I first opened it and found out my CYA level was at 184 called me and tried to sell me phospahte remover and told me it would cost me $40 a bottle!!! I said no thanks! That was after I found TFP...I am so blessed! No more pool stores for me...no more trichlor and no more dichlor! Give me some BBB!!!!!

woodyp said:
Any more than TWO pics like that..................and well............you're just showin' off!. Enjoy.
HEHE! Just grateful that I have something to show off instead of the huge number of tadpoles I had to begin with! LOL! I like frogs....but sorry...I don't like them that much!

Okay...maybe I'm showing off a little bit. But I am just amazed at how well BBB works.Here are a few pics I took this morning! Just loving my pool! The bottom 2 pictures are with the pump turned off.

Attachments

• day16.jpg
    day16.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 1,561
  • poolday16.jpg
    poolday16.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 1,561
  • day1620102.jpg
    day1620102.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 1,561

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well I definitely have "Sparklypoolitis" And I am never getting rid of it! LOL! For all of you sceptics out there about the BBB method...I have used Trichlor & Dichlor for 10 years. Just switched to the BBB method and the TF100 test kit and my pool has NEVER looked this good! I swear when you are looking at it in person while the pump is not running it appears to have no water in it it is soooo clear! I am very HAPPY! :)

Been keeping my pool at a steady 9 ppm FC but I think I am going to bump it up some...maybe to 11 ppm with my cya level at 80. I don't know if it's just me but it just doesn't look as sparkly. I have been shutting pump down at night but still running approx. 13 hours per day. I also aimed the eyeball down a little and I think this may have made a difference in my waters appearance. What do you think. Should I aim it toward the bottom of the pool or closer to the top?

Attachments

• 7-5-2010.jpg
    7-5-2010.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 1,368
  • July5,2010.jpg
    July5,2010.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 1,366
11??

I think that is too high. You should be in the 3 -7 range for Chlorine. Your CYA is also high unless you are running an SWG. CYA should be down around 30 - 50.

What are your other test results?

Greg

Yes...I have to keep my chlorine between 6 and 11 because of my CYA being so high. When I opened my CYA was at 184 and I had to drain half the water. I still need to drain more water to get it down...about 38%more but I use well water and my pump is ancient. So I am running a higher FC level for that reason. All of my other test results are perfect. I am testing with TF-100.

I would say that if you think your water is looking less sparkly, trust your eyes. This may just be my experience, but when I recently bought the magnetic stirrer thing, it had my FC at a full ppm less than I was getting when manually swirling on the FC test. I had always run my FC on the high side, and am grateful I had if in fact I thought it was 1 ppm higher than it really was. Couple that with the fairly wide margin of error on the CYA test and I'd say running a little high would cause no harm and potentially ward off problems. Of course, this is just my two cents and you should let the experts (I'm not) weigh in.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.