A FEW MORE PICTURES OF MY POOL AFTER FINDING TFP

For the eyeball, I have a 24' round with a dished out center and I point mine down and with the direction of the circular flow (away from the skimmer). This serves to reinforce the current and sort of pushes most of the crud to the center so it is easier to vacuum. You might try it as well since you have a main drain which I presume is in the center of your pool.

I also use the dreaded TriChlor so when I am gone camping for long spells (say more than 5 days) I point the eyeball up to break the surface. I helps to keep he pH up to counteract the acidity of the pucks.

crek31 said:
I would say that if you think your water is looking less sparkly, trust your eyes. This may just be my experience, but when I recently bought the magnetic stirrer thing, it had my FC at a full ppm less than I was getting when manually swirling on the FC test. I had always run my FC on the high side, and am grateful I had if in fact I thought it was 1 ppm higher than it really was. Couple that with the fairly wide margin of error on the CYA test and I'd say running a little high would cause no harm and potentially ward off problems. Of course, this is just my two cents and you should let the experts (I'm not) weigh in.
That is my thought as well. Thanks for your input. :goodjob:

I would have to agree that it's awesome when people come to swim and comment on how nice and clean the pool water looks and feels. I'm grateful to have found TFP before my first season with a "real" pool that you didn't just drain when the water got yucky. I had a small bit of algae in the middle of the summer due to my lack of adjusting the SWG for the temperatures... Hubby freaked! I knew exactly what to do though :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.