Is swimming safe without proper water chemistry?

Jun 15, 2010
NB, Canada
Hi guys,

My new liner is in and i have those test strips to test the water. I know the water isn't chemically balanced yet, but i'm wondering if it's safe to swim in. I have a 35,000 Gallon in ground. It's chlorine right now, but i'm converting it to SWG this week. Here are the readings based on the strips (which are hard to read accurately):

CH - 90
FC - 2
Alkalinity - 115
Ph - 7
Bromine - 2

Thanks!

when you convert from Bromine, I'm pretty sure it's a must to drain the pool first.
Maybe someone who's dealt with this can verify but, I've always been warned about going from Bromine to using chlorine....salt water system included.

Unless you had Bromine in the water, that test isn't really testing anything, so ignore it.

The pH might be a little rough on the eyes, but you know, you bathe in that water already, so I doubt it's toxic! Some swimming and splashing will help circulate and aerate things, too!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.