Liquidator Flow Meter - Where to locate

Jan 20, 2008
Northeast Florida
I'm completely replumbing my LQ including new flowmeter. I noticed a conflict in the instructions. Should the flowmeter and control valve should be installed on the pressure side (between the return line and the LQ IN), or on the suction side (between the LQ and the suction side of the pump)? Apparently it depends on which instructions you read, and even then the instructions conflict with the diagrams in places. ( I reviewed my original instructions, the new instructions enslosed with the parts, as well as the online pdf's) In some places it says pressure side and in other places suction side. Does it matter? Pros/cons to each alternative?

Questions for LQ users:
How is YOURS set up? (meter on suction or pressure side)
Do you have any flow problems? (Tank overflow, tank underfill, low flow, erratic flow, etc)

Currently mine is setup as: RETURN>control valve>flowmeter>LQIN>LQOUT>check valve>SUCTION) I don't remember how I had it before, but I had problems then with tank overflow when pump off, low flow and erratic flow.

Re: Liquidator Flow Meter - Where to locate??

The proper way to install the flow meter and control valve is on the "Out" side of the LQ. If you install it on the "In" side your letting the float valves do some of the control and in reality they should be on/off valves with the "Out" float valve staying open all the time.

Overflow problems

I agree, that makes sense, just wondering why at least two sets of instructions say the opposite.

Regardless, I am having overflow problems. The tank overflows while the pump is turned off. I think it always did, I just never turned the pump off. It seems the only possible causes are a bad check valve on OUT side, or a bad float valve on the IN side, but these have been replaced. I added another control valve so I can isolate which side it is coming from. It is a slow leak and doesn't seem to happen right away, but after a couple hours.

I also added the second check valve to the return side. It made no difference, but I didn't expect it to. I will also try moving the flowmeter to the suction side. Any thoughts? Does anyone have an ABVG without overflow problems? If so, what is your setup?

Current setup: RETURN>control valve>flowmeter>check valve>LQIN>LQOUT>control valve>check valve>SUCTION)

Re: Liquidator Flow Meter - Where to locate - Tank Overflow

With your unit set up like it is now it could be either the "in" float valve or the "out" check valve.

If it was set up with the flow valve and meter on the "out" side then a bad "in" float valve would allow it to overflow whether the pump was running or not.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.