Guessing I have a small leak.

Jun 14, 2010
South Texas
Hello all. Love the site!
I am a AG pool n00b, and have been reading alot for the past 3 weeks. I have put up an intex 15'x42" round, and so far so good. Pump stinks (as we all know) but I have a 2500 on its way so no worries. Accept........., I have fornd a small indention on the floor about baseball diam and 1" deep. seems to be growing ever so slowly.
I have checked around with a pair of goggles, but can not see any tears or holes. I am about to try the die cloud but my question is, how bad can this get? can I put a patch in the washout, or do I need to drain this bugger?
Thanks again for the help in advance!

Welcome to the forum. :lol: I would watch it another day or so and see if it's expanding positively. I'm not a good AG guy but I would assume a leak large enough to cause a washout would be pretty easy to find.

Is there any chance it might be a void in the subsurface that is just now showing up?

Thanks for the welcome!
Im not too sure if it is a void or not, but I do notice it is a little deeper than it started. I would also think a washout like this would easily show a twig pushing through or a small tear or hole, but I can see or feel nothing.
Another question comes to mind tho. If there is a washout, where is the dirt going? Not seeing it in the water, and no sloppy ground. hmmmmm. head scratcher.

The spot is about 2' is from the side. we dont have moles around here, but big red ants that lay waste to at least a 3' circle around the hole. I had some in my yard recently, but on the other side. Guess I will keep an eye on it and see where it goes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.