wedding cake step problem.

Jun 4, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
One of the cylider lids that hold the pebbles/sand that weigh down the stairs fell off. Not sure when it happend because the pool was not used for a long time. The result is tiny pebbles all over bottom of pool. Vacuum doesn't seem to grab them. They were sticking so I took a brush the the bottom and loosened them up. Not sure how to get them up. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Lori

I have been fighting what I call my snowglobe of a pool. Dead algae I think. But I am getting a handle on it. I can actually see bottom of pool now, which is new. I left pump off overnight and in the morning I could see bottom and decided to vacuum. When I started the stuff shot straight back into pool. Not sure how to remedy that. New filter? I have one on order. I am cleaning the current one like six times a day. how about using the hose to suck up the rocks and not attatch the vacuum head?

Sorry I didn't explain it better. If your vac uses a plate that goes on top of the skimmer basket take a skimmer sock or knee high and stretch over the skimmer basket. That way the small ones won't go thru the pump.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.