Central Connecticut
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Getting ready to purchase an SWG. does anyone have experience with the Jandy AquaPure Ei (Same unit as Zodiac Ei)?

How much life should I expect before replacing the cell?

Rich, I'm not familiar with that particular SWCG. I do know that cells are typically given an expected life (like a light bulb) that's measured in amp-hours; you should be able to get that information from the manufacturer/retailer and compare it with other units.

Not yet, but i do like the easy install. It also doesn't have a "cell" that you replace. You have to clen the electrodes every so often if you get buildup ... even though it has a self clean mode. The replacement part is about $200 to replace if needed.

I have a few concerns.

1) I am concerned about what the "salt water" will do to the cement patio around the pool.
2) How much salt I will have to add during the season .. am I just adding/chasing salt all season instead of chlorine?
3) Will there be a slight noticeable differnce to people swimming (like taste)
4) Will I see any issues with rust.

I was hoping to find some people that have the Jandy Ei installed to get feedback. It is also sold by Zodiac as an Ei. (might actually be made by Zodiac and sold by Jandy and Zodiac). I did find a great deal on the unit on a particular web site for $735 & free shipping. I've seen $799, but many are $899 for this unit. Tempting.

The AquaPure Ei does have a cell, it is just inside the housing that clamps to the pipe instead of combined with the housing as one part. That cell needs to be replaced every several years just as with other SWGs.

Concrete/cement shouldn't have any problems at all with pool salt water.
You only need to replace salt when there is significant water replacement. I add a bag or two of salt once a year in the spring.
Some people will be able to taste the salt, while others won't. I have yet to run into anyone who finds it objectionable. Most people say that the water feels better after salt is added, though not everyone notices a difference.
Rust shouldn't be a problem unless your pool is made with inferior components. Every once in a while someone has bolts in their ladder that need to be replaced, but that has gotten fairly rare as manufacturers take SWG requirements into account.

Many SWGs require salt at 3,000, though 4,000 isn't uncommon.

A chlorine output of .93 lbs/day is a little above average for smaller units. I don't think they are being completely realistic listing it for 35,000 gallons, but 25,000 no problem.

Jason, the Jandy Ei control % output is in increments of 20% ... 20, 40, 60, 80 and 100%. In your experience .. or others, is that too little control? Others offer coontro in 10% increments.

I much prefer units that can control the percentage by ones. None the less, adjusting by 10% or even 20% of the time is workable if the unit isn't oversized by too much. You end up rounding the percentage setting up to the next available setting, so it runs a little more than it has to, but it does work.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.