Prospective Pool Buyer

Jun 25, 2010
Hey everyone,

I've been lurking around the forums, trying to find an answer to my questions, but I figured I would just make an account and ask. I'm considering buying a pool, and I was wondering if you could help me out. How much money would I be spending on chlorine each year, if I used a simple chlorine system? Sorry if this question has been asked before, I didn't see something when I searched. Thanks for the help.

Welcome to TFP!

The answer to your question depends on several factors. If your pool is well cared for (you don't let it turn green) then you will spend less on chlorine. The size of your pool, environment the pool is in, weather, and location all can affect chlorine use.

For my pool, it costs me about $12 a month in the summertime to add bleach. Another friend of mine who uses bleach in their very large pool spends about $16 a week to chlorinate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.