Holding high CL

Jul 19, 2007
Katy, TX
I have been adding CYA to pool over past couple of weeks. My FC was 10.5 last weds. I dropped my SWG down from 80% to 60%. I retested last night (had been out of town) and it is still at 10.5. My ph 7.4 and alk 90. I dropped my generator down to 30% for today (my pool sits in full sunlight). What else should I do? SHould I keep it running at 30% or go higher/lower and test daily??? Thanks.

The best thing to do is to test every day towards evening, when the chlorine level will tend to be lowest, and adjust the percentage as needed. After a week or two you should zero in on the desired setting and be able to reduce how frequently you test. If you are way off, making extra large changes in the percentage can speed up the process. As long as you are testing daily any over corrections can be fixed the next day.

If your unit is not temperature compensated, AutoPilot units are most others are not, you will need to raise the percentage when it gets hot and lower it when it gets colder. With a little experience you can learn to anticipate these changes by having an idea of where the percentage should be in different seasons.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.