Spa pump / draining question.

Jun 24, 2010
Hi, total rookie/newby here.

Question, I just bought a house that has a hot tub built in / connected with the pool. During first few months of running the filter pump, the water would partially drain out of the tub (assuming into the pool and then circulated through the filter) and then refill when the filter shut off. But now, the hot tub doesn't drain at all and is getting pretty cloudy and dirty. Any idea what could be causing this? I am assuming that the partial draining is correct?

Thanks.

flexabull, welcome to TFP!
No circulation in the spa probably means that you have the valves at the equipment pad set so that only the pool is circulated. If you can post a picture of your equipment, we can help you tell which valve controls what. Is your spa elevated, or at the same level as the pool?

flexabull said:
Thanks for the response.

Hot tub is at same level as the pool.

What do you need photos of? (I am a rookie remember?) Just the pump area? Or the circuit board where the timers are?

Thanks again!
The pump area with all the valves showing. Somewhere you probably have something like this.[attachment=0:1d59x0jm]Dsc00780.jpg[/attachment:1d59x0jm] Probably several. You need to figure out which line goes where, which isn't always easy since they're underground. When you do figure it out - and we'll help - break out the magic marker like I did and label things.

Attachments

• Dsc00780.jpg
    Dsc00780.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 17
A friend looked at my pump and filter yesterday and thought that the pressure was way to high. I think he is right, because when I turn it on, for the first few minutes the pressure is low, and the jets in the pool really start working well. But after a couple of minutes the pressure in the filter rises really high and the jet flow slows to a crawl. He thought that might be the problem, but didn't know how to fix it.

Is that possibly the issue? And if so, anything I can do to remedy it?

Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.