Looking for Leak Detection Company in Dallas, Texas area

Jun 17, 2010
Hello,

I'm rather new to the forum. My boss got me on the forum while he was researching pool tech for a new home purchase. So far I've used the forum to get a good test kit, kill some (I'm pretty sure) Mustrad Algae, and free myself from overpriced chemicals from Leslie's.

I think I have a leak in my pool (in-ground vinyl liner). I'm losing about 3/4" overnight while the pump is not running. I'd like to get someone out to test for leaks and wanted to see if anyone has had any good/bad experiences with leak detection companies in the DFW area or if you have a reccomendation.

Thanks,

RTS

http://www.americanleakdetection.com/

They have franchises everywhere including Dallas. They found a leak in our underground return line without digging or disturbing anything. Took them about an hour. They even applied some underwater epoxy over the crack for us. The crack was a foot or so back from the eyeball so they were able to reach it that way without digging. I forget if they charged a few dollars extra for that or if it was "free" with the cost of the detection. We were very happy with them.

I am in Plano and I used American Leak Detectors last summer. I can't remember how much it was. Something around $500-800 to detect the link. It happended to be where we could dig to get to it so once they located it we fixed it ourselves for a couple of dollars. We seem to be losing to much water now also so my husband dug up the same spot and it is not leaking so we may have a leak elsewhere again.

RTS, welcome to TFP!!

[u=http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/leak_detection]Here[/u] is a link to the Pool School article on leaks.

If you loose more water with the pump off, I'd say it's a suction line leak. Do you have bubbles in the pump when running the pool?

It may well be best to let the pro's handle this but, if you want to take a shot at it yourself, we are here to assist :)

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll check American Leak Detectors out and the link.

@Ted,

I had a leak on one of the intake fittings (bad glue-up on my part) and it's been fixed. Before the fix, the pump was pulling air. It's been fine since. I'm hoping there isn't a leak in the liner because it's only a few years old.

RTS

20k Inground Vinyl Liner, Pentair SuperFlo 1.5hp (model 300097), Hayward DE4820 Filter, Hayward SP-710XR50

I had The Pool Surgeon at my home today to perform a full leak check. I was quite impressed with the way they performed the leak check and they were courteous and answered all of my questions. I can say with confidence that they do a good job. They found no leaks in the plumbing, however they did discover three cracks in my pool. One crack is significant enough that I am calling a engineer for further analysis. At least I know how to look for cracks in PebbleTec now.....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.