Pentair (Rainbow) Pro Vac Head

poolneophyte

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 1, 2009
Long Island, NY
Can a Pentair (Rainbow) Pro Vac vacuum head be used in a pool with a vinyl liner? Pentair's website describe these as residential & commercial vacuums but does not state if they are suitable for use with vinyl liners. I called Pentair and the customer service rep had never been asked this question before. She spoke with her supervisor who said that the ball bearing wheels could scratch the liner.

What do the pro's use when they clean residential pools? I am looking for a better vacuum than the triangle head the pool builder provided.

I was looking for something which works better than the triangular head the pool builder provided. I thought the professional model with the wheels may move easier and pick up fine sand/dirt better. I don't mind continuing to use the one I already have. Cheaper too!

this is similar to what I use for all pools, yes it is possible to damage the liner if you jam it into the edges of the pool. It's much faster than other vac's for debris but since it has no brushes it does not do well for algae.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.