RSS Feeds

You rock, Sean!

I use my mail program, Thunderbird, to subscribe to feeds and download them.

In practice, this is similar to watching a topic, a service the forum software already offers. Once you click on 'watch this topic' you receive e-mail notification of a new post in the topic. But just the one, until you go there again.

With RSS, you capture all posts in the topic you selected. My reader gives me the option of displaying only the topic title or it'll send me the first few lines of the post. I create a filter in my mail program so all TFP feeds go in their own inbox.

The convenience is that I don't need to invoke the forum search of 'view posts since last visit', then open each thread and find those pposts I hadn't read yet. It's just a little faster, a little slicker, and it appeals to my geeky side :)

Thank you very much for setting it up. You are amazingly responsive to suggestions!

Anna

I am!

In my mail program, Mozilla Thunderbird, each post that goes to a topic I've subscribed to in the RSS setup on your site shows up as the full text, with images, if any. In the header is the direct link to the post. If I want to reply, I click on the link and it takes me to that very post.

It is way cool! Very convenient, very organized, very clean.

Anna

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.