SWG installed, Issue with Pump self Priming

May 27, 2010
Installed the Circu Pool RJ30 over the weekend, found out after the auto timer kicked the pump on it wasnt priming and pushing water out to the pool. Had to open up the pump and add water to the pump, closed it back up and presto, pump primed and water flow began. I'm thinking its because I installed the SWG above the Filter valvue. See picture...

Attachments

• Circu pool installed.JPG
    Circu pool installed.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 72
There is nothing wrong with where you installed the SWG. More likely you have an air leak, causing the pump to lose prime when it is turned off. If the pump continues to lose prime, check all of the new connections to make sure they are sealing well. Especially check the unions on the SWG and make sure they are clean and aligned correctly. You may also need to lube the o-rings on those unions to get a good seal.

My RJ45 is mounted higher than the filter, similar to yours...no issues with pump prime at all. Perhaps you are leaking air in through one of your fittings and the water is draining back?

You did mount it on the return side of the filter (going to the pool) right?

prov431 said:
My RJ45 is mounted higher than the filter, similar to yours...no issues with pump prime at all. Perhaps you are leaking air in through one of your fittings and the water is draining back?

You did mount it on the return side of the filter (going to the pool) right?

Yes this is mounted to the return side to the pool. When I shut the pump down I can here and see the water flow back down to the pump. I definately here air coming in somewhere. If there was an air leak somewhere i would assume I would see leaking water. I am not. I appreciate the help!

JasonLion said:
There is nothing wrong with where you installed the SWG. More likely you have an air leak, causing the pump to lose prime when it is turned off. If the pump continues to lose prime, check all of the new connections to make sure they are sealing well. Especially check the unions on the SWG and make sure they are clean and aligned correctly. You may also need to lube the o-rings on those unions to get a good seal.

I will check out the unions. What shall I use for the lube? Some type of Silicone?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.