Jun 24, 2010
Texas
Hi everyone, just call me “black algae guy”. I’ve had it for years and can’t seem to get rid of it. Other than that my pool is beautiful and sparkling clean year round.
Glad I found this site. Looks like a lot of wisdom and money saving to be had here. :-D

Hi everyone. I will work on those numbers and see about getting them in here over the weekend.
My plan this weekend, from what I’ve read is to get in the pool and brush these dime sized black surfaces to open them up to chemicals? I read rubbing a chlorine tablet in them after I brush them open will help. Big party coming up so I will do that quickly for some temporary relief until I can apply chemicals, etc.

I'm part of a sports blog and nobody's as friendly there as they are here. :lol:

What a wealth of information here! I've never heard of the BBB method before. I've always thought pool chemicals were very expensive. Just my opinion though. They have always been helpful to me. But this BBB seems like the way to go. I just bought a 5 gallon bucket of granulated chlorine though at Sam's for what I thought was a good price. Oh well. Maybe I can use the methods together through time? Sorry for the silly questions. I'm like a kid in a candy store here and I know nothing. Need to let my friends know about this site.