New Coping for Inground Pool

Rob

May 23, 2007
We're about to replace the vinyl liner on our inground pool, and are looking at options for coping.

I've tried looking at whats available online, but no stores seem to sell it online that I can find. What options are available? Is coping generally universal, or will we need a specific type? Any recommendations on type? (reverse bead, low hung, etc).

We are in Canada, where everything freezes over if thats a consideration.

I'd like to get something that looks like stone, instead of the plastic stuff. Is that just a special type of coping you end up putting the stone over?

Interesting topic. I'm going to need a new liner within the next couple of years and my pool guy is recommending a different style of coping. However, that will require redoing the pool deck, but IMO it will need redoing anyways as 20+ years of Canadian winters have not been kind to it. Good chance to run new plumbing too.

Yeah, I'm definitely redoing the plumbing, and looking at replacing the deck (we have interlocking bricks right now, which I'm not a huge fan of, since they use sand between the joints, which leads to sand in the pool, and weeds all over).

What type of deck do you have now? How has it held up?

I'm tempted to either do just a concrete deck, but I'm worried about how long it will last. Stone is another option, but I'm sure its $$$.

Rob said:
What type of deck do you have now? How has it held up?

Concrete. Overall pretty good compared to similar age pools in the area. The pool came with the house which we purchased December 2007. Very little doubt the we'll have concrete again although we may move the plumbing at that time to a different location. Remains to be seen though. We just patched a couple of crumbling section next to the coping on the ladder side and part of the deck is slightly shifted in a couple of spots.

Attachments

• House 005.jpg
    House 005.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 112
  • House 008.jpg
    House 008.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 112
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.