Finally got started!!

Tina - How is your pool build coming along???

I am in SE TX and we just had a category 1 Hurricane (Humberto) sneek up on us the other morning. We survived Rita 2 years ago this month and missed Katrina...but I know you probably had a horrible time w/Katrina in your area!

Anyway, I was wondering how your build was going? Do you have any updated pics? I am debating on getting a gunite or liner pool. Since our hurricane 2 years ago pool builds along w/everything else has gone up considerably. Anyway, liners are appx $8,000 to $9,000K cheaper than gunite and since we are going to have a sunroom added to our home at the same time as the pool build...$8,000K is alot to us.

However, we are fearful of the liner. We really don't know what to expect if we have one how it will look after 5 or 10 years. What was your deciding factor on the liner....costs or did you find that they really are good pools for the money? Thanks for your time and your pics so far look like ya'll are going to have a beautiful pool to enjoy next summer! :)

Jo -

Hi, yeah Katrina kicked our butt. I hope Humberto didnt do too much damage to you guys, it was a sneaky one!! The pool is done and we are working on the landscaping (which I suck at). I will post some pics tomorrow of it. I am very pleased with the pool. The hardest decision was the liner choice. It really makes the whole pool, in my opinion. Our decision for the liner vs the gunite was simply money. I wanted the largest pool I could get. I could not afford my 18x41 pool in gunite. It would cost about 50,000! I paid about 36,000 for this pool. From what I hear to replace a liner would be about 3000, and to reseal a gunite would run much much more. The liner is supposed to last 15-20 years. I feel I got more bang for the buck and it looks beautiful. I will post pics tomorrow for you. Tina

Ok, there was still enough daylight that I could get some pics.
<a>
DCP_1182.jpg
</a>
<a>
DCP_1179.jpg
</a>
<a>
DCP_1185.jpg
</a>
My attempt at a little landscaping :roll:

this is probably the last thing you would expect to hear on a pool forum, but i got to give you a thumbs up on your Lawn Tractor, i have one just like it, a craftsmen LT3000. Been the best tractor i have ever had.

AWSOME POOL, love the look and shape.

Thanks!! I wish we could have a spring board. :( and so does my son after he tried to do a flip :lol:
Rollin Thunder, actually that was the lawnmower that the storm Katrina took out. My husband is determined he can fix it. We now have one of those zero turn mowers, and I HATE it. I cant seem to get control of it. But all the better,now the hubby has to mow the lawn himself. :)
We still have a mound of dirt to move around, and a 24x24 shed to build. That is the pile of wood under the white tarp in the back. I think by next summer we will have a nice back yard and one to put in the picture forum.
Tina

i know the feeling, the reason we got the LT3000, is because our old one was taken out by a good sized storm. it completly wrecked the deck, couldn't finds parts, so said time to replace, but i took the deck off the old one, it ran great up until two weeks ago and replaced the, Starter, Cylinoid, and battery, and now this 12 year old tractor purs like a kitten, im really proud of doing all this my self, anyway, i hope your husband gets that one running, i know i never stopped until i gout ours running, i think like 12 trips to sears parts depot. tell me does it turn over and not start or just do nothing.

we tried a zero turn and i agree with you, i dont mind the backing up and turning, at least i can cut right.

ENJOY YOUR POOL.

every time i see your sig i think of the song "rock you like a hurricane" (watch that get removed)

Boy......listening to you is just like dejavoo(?sp) It starts now, not sure what all he had to do to it. It just torked him that we had only had it 6 months before the storm. So he is determined to fix it. He now has the deck off and is trying to replace with parts from Sears. Im sure he will get it, its just that I have so many other honey do's for him. :) That song really has new meaning for me :shock: now. Tina

yea since we have the new one for me to mow the lawn, i just took the deck off completly of the old one and modified it to have 4WD all the time, kinda a off road tractor now, it has so much more clearence with out the deck, i love it that way. any way glad oruy tactors are running, JUST DONT DRIVE IT IN THE POOL, i said this because i have been there done that with a friends pool, thankfully it was a gunite and they just opened it and it was all green anyway.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.