pump question

Jun 23, 2010
EPSOM NH
Hi, I am new to this site and I am looking for some help. I have a lomart pump and sand filter system for a 24ft round above ground pool. I am not sure what type or how old it is, it came with my house when I bought it. When I went to open my pool this spring my pump wouldn't start, it would only hum. My husband took it apart and lubed the shaft because it had seized and it seemed to be working fine. Now when I shut it off it makes a squeeking noise and I am not getting any pressure from the return into the pool or no suction at the skimmer. Any suggestions would be helpful.

It's going to be hard to diagnose the problem without more info but let me take a stab at it.

When the pump is running does the pressure gauge show any pressure?

If it isn't then that could indicate that the impeller is stripped off the shaft or the shaft is broken off or there could be a blockage in the plumbing.

If the gauge is showing a high pressure then it's most probably a blockage in the filter or the return piping back to the pool.

If your husband is handy (& it sounds like he is) then he can do a little more troubleshooting to find out what the problem is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.