A big thanks!

chrisjb8685

LifeTime Supporter
May 17, 2010
Blue Earth Cty., MN
[attachment=1:1vharasn]May 2 Opening.jpg[/attachment:1vharasn]As you can see from the first picture I opened to a "green MN swamp." All I wanted was a clear pool for our daughter's high school graduation party last Sunday night.

Following the advice on your site and a TFT kit we got it done.

Having your words of wisdom and a TFT kit I literally feel like I finally have a "rudder" to help sail the waters of owning a pool.

Many thanks!

Chris

Attachments

• May 2 Opening.jpg
    May 2 Opening.jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 276
  • grad party2.jpg
    grad party2.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 276
Just curious as I am finally getting a real start on this process as I just got my new test kit in the mail today, but how long did it take you to go from picture 1 to picture 2? Your post definitely makes me feel much better about getting mine done. I sure wish I would have found this site months ago, so I could have been prepared and started the process when it first got ready to be warm enough to swim.

And definitely, awesome job!!! Looks amazing!!!

silver02gt said:
Just curious as I am finally getting a real start on this process as I just got my new test kit in the mail today, but how long did it take you to go from picture 1 to picture 2?
Silver02qt

From opening to being able to see down near the deep end was 2 weeks. But, I didn't get my test kit until May 22 so I was somewhat hampered in my approach. I simply added a low shock level of bleach. Once my kit arrived, I reached the appropriate shock level and kept it there until a "chlorine loss" test let me know I was at the right level. It took another week for it to clear.

Even after it cleared I was really surprised at how much more clearing took place with just a good chlorine level. I have done very little to it since early June. I have only backwashed it once.

Also, we had about 40 kids swimming in it for about 5 hours on Sunday night and my FC was 6.5 and my CC was .5 on Monday morning and the pool has remained clear.

So just keep at it. I have learned that pool patience will be rewarded and that impatience makes you spend money on products that really aren't needed. Hang in there. It does work.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You guys are funny! Look closely at the first picture: the pool is so green she cannot even penetrate the surface!! She didn't get in the pool at all, and is striking a pose to look like she was able to get through all of that stuff!!

Great job on the clean up (and I hope she really did clean up okay! Brave girl!) :goodjob: :goodjob:

Proof.

Little brother, too. Pool temp. 53 (Rite of Spring)

Dog "yelling" - "You idiots!"

As for the sanity of the daughter: She just went through In Processing and a Swearing In Ceremony at the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs. (A future leader?)

Attachments

• proof.jpg
    proof.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 145
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.