Nazareth, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Core-55
Brand new pool owner here. After just the first few busy weekends of use, I'm noticing an oily residue buildup within my skimmers and now along the portion of the tiles above the water line. I assume this is primarily due to suntan lotion that came off my guests.

Anyone have a good recommendation for a product to help remove all of this "scum"? My local Leslie's Pool Supply has various products such as Tile Cleaner, Scumoff and Pool Perfect. Thought I'd check in here for advice before relying on the teenage kid behind the counter who is going to push whatever he can sell me!! :lol:

Thanks for the Magic Eraser idea...probably a much cheaper alternative to the stuff the pool store will try to sell me! And also thanks for explaining the use of the scum balls. I have seen them in the store and didn't quite understand their use. Makes sense now!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.