BelLa's Pond - Greetings from newbie in Phoenix

BelLa's Pond

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Hi everyone,
though I am just now introducing myself, I have been scouring all the information here since the beginning of the year and have been a member for a few months.
I had the luck to buy a foreclosed home (first time homebuyer) in Nov. '09 and inherited a beat up pool dating back to 1973. I have never owned or maintained a pool although I have family here that do. Needless to say, my pool has some unique problems and I needed some very affordable solutions.
After Googling the heck out of the net, I came upon this website, and boy has it been a revelation!
My initial search was regarding repair of fiberglass lined pools, and nowhere did I find any reliable trustworthy information but here. I have gone through many trials and tribulations in the last 6 months and would like to share my experiences and pick the brains of you all.
Currently, I am enjoying a crystal clear pool and swimming every day with no major problems.........., but I have many..............many questions.
Looking forward to being here!

Welcome to TFP (although I guess you've been here a while and just been quiet) :)

I feel the same way you do. I was having all kinds of problems with cloudy water a couple of years ago and the articles and posts on here were the only thing that finally solved my problems. I've finally gotten to where I feel comfortable answering some questions, but I'm learning way more than I'm giving still.

Ask your questions, that's how we all learn.

Thanks to you both for the nice welcome. This site really does inspire me to step up and take care of my pool the right way, instead of wasting money on bells, whistles and unnecessary chemicals.
So my first questions will be posted in pool chemistry as soon as I take a reading with my TF Test kit.
Thanks again!