Opinion on Tahitian54?

Jun 22, 2010
I am considering the 18x40 Tahitian54 offered on familypoolfun.com. The website says the mfg is Sunsports, but I cannot find any info on that company. Does anyone have experience with this pool? They offer a liner for a 7' hopper in the deep end that is fitted instead of expandable, beaded instead of overlap, which I think I prefer.

I was in your shoes a few months ago and ended up buying the Tahitian 27' Round. Weve had it a few months now and love it. I bought it from the same website and opted for the ModMedia filter and 1 1/2 hp pump. Ill tell you that I could run the pump for about 3-4 hours and the water sparkles crystal clear (not sure if all filter systems are like this or if this one really is that good). The people were real easy to deal with and it took about 1 1/2 weeks to get it via UPS Freight. I did tons of research before buying but in the end, went with this one and have not had any regrets...yet anyways!

We have an 18' x 33' x54" Tahitian. The manufactuer is Sharkline. Depending upon whom you ask, the models are broken down into pool store and internet. You probably would not be able to buy a pool store model on the internet and vice-versa. Excellent made pool. Clear directions. I believe they have a 60 year warranty (limited). Not that you'll have the pool in 60 years, just that the manufacturing process and materials are top shelf. Caveat: If you are putting this pool up by yourself, be prepared for a job! The first one I put up (15x30) was done with a 2x4 and 4 foot level. Turned out perfect. This one was done with a transit and I was off at each end by 3/4's of an inch.?? I think that you will be pleased with your Tahitian.

Something else I read had made me think it was made by Sharkline, but there is no Tahitian on the Sharkline website. Looking now at the pictures on their site, maybe it is the same as the Escalade. I guess an AGP is like a mattress, every retailer changes the name so you cannot compare!

Those are both Wil-Bar manufactured pools. Like the liners available all over, there are really only a few manufacturers out there and they are "branded" differently for specific merchants

ellruss said:
Something else I read had made me think it was made by Sharkline, but there is no Tahitian on the Sharkline website. Looking now at the pictures on their site, maybe it is the same as the Escalade. I guess an AGP is like a mattress, every retailer changes the name so you cannot compare!

Yep. I picked up a used 27' round this year. It is a Sandstone model pool but after some searching it is actually manufactured by Lomart which from my understanding is a division of Doughboy. So yes it is hard to compare.

Greg

On their website when you select a pool package you have the option of upgrading the pump/filter. Its basically a cartridge filter that cleans better than sand. So far I have no complaints about it....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.