Variable Speed Pumps Not Recommended for 1.5" Piping ??

Well, my old 1 HP single speed pump probably wasn't the best thing for 1.5" my piping (I think I have two 3/4 or 1" t returns right at the pool!) either, but my new Intelliflo VF sure seems to be better. I think I was jamming about 50 GPM or so through my old pipes and filter when the filter was clean. Using almost 10kwh a day.

It appears that I was using about $600 a year for my old 1 hp pump. I think my new Intellilfo will use about $100 a year in electricity. And things seem fine in my pool running at a much slower, quieter 23 GPM with the Intelliflo.

The only reason I seem to hear the Intelliflo at all, is that I have it on some concrete pavers, and the sound seems to transmit over the hard clay dirt to the room next to it. Not too noticeable, but almost quieter going outside next the pump, then inside in the room right next to it.

Jeff

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.