How much light?

Jun 22, 2010
We are looking at an 18x40 AGP with a 7ft hopper in the deep end. Will one pool light be enough? The options seem to be a light that goes into the return jet and/or a light on the steps. I really don't want one that just mounts to the top rail, but I am thinking the return and the steps may end up on the same end of the pool.

Is there any other light that affects the pool? Lights on deck, neighbors lights, street lights, etc.? More lights may equal more bugs! You can always add another one if one doesn't do it.

There will be one floodlight in that area, and maybe some solar lights, but there is not a lot of light there.

How is the light in the steps connected to the power source? Do you end up with a wire coming up over the pool railing? I am assuming the light that is integrated with the return jet can have the power coming in through the wall since there is already an opening there for the return. Is that a valid assumption?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.