So after installing my Hayward 3/4 hp pump and a sta rite filter, the flow has increased alot! Ever since then my pool is now showing no chlorine. I have a intex swg. I was wondering if the flow could be to strong for it to make sufficient chorine? I have a 18x48 intex metal frame pool.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 137
Julieannmims said:
All chemicals are balanced properly, tested them all, and water is crystal clear. I never had this problem till shortly after installing the new equiptment. I am hoping that the swg has not quit working.

Sorry to be a pain, be telling us a chemicals are properly balanced, does not tell us much. We're here to help, but without numbers we are flying blind :goodjob:

There are quite a few folks on here using a similar set-up to yours and the flow problem is usually low flow, not the opposite. When the SWG turns on do you get a green light indicating it is producing chlorine? You may have something else going on that could be eating up your chlorine, before you are able to measure it, but again without confirmation that your CC's are less than 0.5ppm or that your CYA level is at least 50-70ppm, we'll just be gussing as to what your issue may be.

gotcha, I understand however my neighbor owns a pool company and he has the test kit, so i use his equiptment, so I really have no clue right at this moment what the chemicals are. The other day when we tested everything was balanced all I had to add was a little acid and 2 pounds of stablilizer. Everything shows that its working. Like I said Ive never had problems with it until we added the equiptment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.