Should I add 11 gallons of bleach

Jun 16, 2010
So I have sparkling clear water but can see a little green on parts of the walls and floor. I brushed it two days ago and filter it, but it's back. Here are my numbers with my new t100 testing kit.

FC: 5, CC: 0, TA: 5, PH: 7.2 - 7.5, TA: 110, CH 300, CYA: 60, Plaster 35K Pool

The pool calculator says I should add just over 11 gallons of bleach. Should I do this? When should I let swimming begin again?

I'm new to the BBB method but love everything about it. Please help me learn more. Thanks... Dan

Welcome to TFP :wave:

Although your #'s and lack of CCs would not indicate a need to shock, you may want to bump up the FC a few (2-3) ppm first and perform an overnight FC loss test. This will help you confirm whether you need to shock or if it may be a circulation issue.

Like dman, I suggest you elevate the FC up to around 8 maybe even 10ppm and then hold it up there until all traces of algae are gone. I would also suggest someone get in the pool with a deck brush and brush the green areas.....that'll expose them to the chlorine and kill them.

If there are too many to brush, you need to begin the shock process and still brush as much as you can.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.