preparing for a new laguna spool

Jun 20, 2010
Hi, new to the site but been reading alot, a wealth of info in here. I am planning to build a pool, but i think I would be more inclined to build a spool, I have attached a paintshop mockup. (the best I could do). My guess is this is about 6500 gallons. Is that too big for a spool? Any advice on a builder, equipment, (my Design) etc. is appreciated. Can I use/should I use a heat pump? n Gas and electric are available.

Attachments

• pool2.jpg
    pool2.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 164
Stephenb said:
Yes spa-pool combination or all in one. The White lines are water jets. This is in Houston by the way.

Welcome to TFP. :wave: Beautiful design. :-D

I really can't assist in any way other than to say that my Vet has a spool and loves it. At least you won't need much to heat it during the summer (if you choose to use it as a spa). My 25K pool, w 10ft deep end, pump running 21/7 just hit 90 F yesterday. I lose about 3 F at night with no cover, wind for some cooling, and we are still going down into high 70's at night. (Being in Houston you know this but for others, in a few weeks we will be lucky if the temps go below 90 at night.)

My only concern would be getting it cool enough in the summer to use as a pool. 90 F is really nice for us sissies but anything above that is getting a little warm for mid-summer cooling off.

gg=alice

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.