Supplemental Oxidation for Indoor Pool?

Isaac-1

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 10, 2010
SW Louisiana
I am considering options for supplemental oxidation (probably Ozone, but maybe UV) and I am looking for your thoughts on the matter. I understand there are different types of Ozone generators, which do you think is best? As things stand now I am spending about $20-$25 per month on MPS shock to keep CC levels down during swimming season. Also what level of Ozone generation do I need to be looking at, I know this market segment is full of a lot of junk, so what should I avoid?

thanks
Ike

p.s. would either an ozonator or inline UV effect my chlorine use significantly?

Per the advice here I try to keep the CYA around 20 ppm, or maybe a little lower (I am using 20 ppm as my goal, and adjusting when it drops below). Should I assume from this that given my situation of wanting a supplemental oxidizer, and not having a goal of completely eliminating other products (not going for chlorine free or anything like that) that under sizing rather than over sizing would be the better way to go in this case. From the little research I have done it seems the suggested supplemental dosing is in the 6-10 grams per day range for a 36,000 gallon pool, this seems like a BIG ballpark to me. Does anyone have any better numbers that I should use for planning.

Ike

p.s. I am working on the theory that any size is better than nothing, is there a down side to an under sized unit (being aware that it seems most of the units on the market seem to be optimistic on their ratings)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.