Leaves in pool

May 29, 2010
Pennsylvania
First season using BBB method and have mostly been lurking and reading posts. I appreciate the input of all here as this season has the most trouble-free of any so far. My question regards getting leaves and grass in the pool and the effect on free chlorine. Am I correct in assuming that leaves and grass in a pool will be a drain on free chlorine levels?

Yes it will use some FC. I have a lot of trees in my pool area, and keep the polaris running 4-6 hrs a day. Leaves have to be removed from the skimmer basket as well as the polaris bag.

Some of us use the Pool Skim to capture leaves, bugs, hair, and other floating debris before it goes to the bottom or to the main skimmer. They work great as long as you can get good water flow to one pool return.

I'm in the woods, rural setting, with lots of high winds. I use one Pool Skim this time of year and two in the fall. It catches almost everything, including some dust. Very little stuff makes it to my main skimmer, using a skimmer sock, so I don't have to clean it as much.

gg=alice

Thanks, your responses have confirmed my fears that I will have to be diligent in cleaning the skimmer baskets and Ray Vac.

Second part of my question is, will leaves and rose petals in a pool skew the overnight chlorine drop test of less than one ppm of FC?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.