What kind of swg for 50000 gallons of water?

Apr 2, 2010
Hi just a real quick question. If anyone could point me in the right direction I am trying to figure out what kind or size of swg I need to tell my neighbor to look into. He has a pool that hold 50000 gallons of h2o :-D I know that is one bia a## pool

Thanks
Daniel

50,000 gallons is right on the edge between residential and commercial units. Pentair makes the IntelliChlor IC60 for pools up to 60,000 gallons and AutoPilot makes models for pools up to 50,000 gallons. Or you can go with a commercial unit, which costs a fair bit more but can be oversized, which is generally a good idea.

Installing a SWG is fairly easy. There is just a little PVC plumbing and just a little electrical wiring. Most DIY types should be able to handle it no problem. However, if you haven't done either of those things before, you might want to think twice about trying it yourself.

The AutoPilot is the higher end/fancier unit, with some nice extra features (large alphanumeric display, temperature compensation, their manifold design), but nothing that you absolutely have to have. The IntelliChlor family is installed far more frequently than AutoPilot, but the 60K model is fairly new and not the one usually used. Mostly they sell the 20K and 40K units.

Personally, I am a big AutoPilot fan, but not everyone can afford their premium prices.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.