My ClearWater Lm2 is not creating any Chlonine :S

Jun 21, 2010
Hi guys :)

I have install everything correctly all my other numbers are fine but my chlonine Level is at 0 :S

Even when I SuperChlorinate I get no result.
I can see in my ClearWater that some Chlorine is created from the Cell cause when its off noting happen and when its on I see some white coming out of the cell. Not alot...

Is there something I should do? I really need help
Om trying to find a video to see a ClearWater in action but I cant find any.

Thanks guys .

If you have a test kit (not test strips), test your water and let us know your water chemistry test results for:
Free Chlorine
Total Chlorine
pH
Total Alkalinity
Calcium Hardness
Cyanuric Acid (stabilizer)
Salinity
If you don't have a test kit, take a water sample to your pool store and have them test it for you, then report the test results to us. Please have the test results in PARTS PER MILLION (ppm).

The "white" should be the cell generating chlorine. The amount of "white" will be affected by your salininty level, the output setting of the Clearwater, and cell condition.

Is this a new system? If so, most manufacturers recommend testing and balancing your water chemistry before turning on the salt system, even your chlorine level.

How long did you run your superchlorination mode?

Hi thanks for the fast reply.
My Ph is at 7.6
Salt Level is at 3400mg/L
CL: 0.00
CT: 0.00
CYA: 30 mg/L

I did 2 SupeChorinate for 24 hours each.

Could my Cell by Out?

Its not a new system. I purchased a house with that system on.

Thanks for the help

Which LM2 do you have and how much water does your pool hold?

Have you tried running the unit overnight and testing the chlorine first thing in the morning before any sunlight hits the pool?

A SWG is not designed to bring the FC level up from zero. You need to shock the pool until you can maintain an FC level overnight, then raise CYA up to around 70 or 80, and then check to see if the SWG can keep up with the chlorine demand.

If you want, you can verify that the SWG is working correctly by collecting a water sample directly from the cell while the SWG is operating and comparing the FC level there to the FC level in the pool. You can usually do this by loosening the union on the output side of the SWG just enough to get a small stream of water coming out.

Note: mg/L is the same as ppm.

Lisa...welcome to TFP...While you are figuring out your SWG, make sure to supplement with liquid chlorine. Without any FC you will have water quality issues soon. As Jason mentions, your CYA is too low for a SWG pool.

One thing to check is that on some test kits if you have TOO high chlorine level the
indication is that your chlorine is zero. This is because the chlorine bleaches out
the indicator dye. Try using only 2 drops of each bottle instead of 5 and see
what your get. If you get a reading then you will know what happened.

If the SWG cell is drawing current(most often read on the unit in per cent) then
you have to be generating chlorine.

Cliff s

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.