Solar Cover Saddle Racks

Jun 16, 2010
Has anyone used these curved pipe hangers that mount to the pool's top rail? They allegedly make it easy to remove and put on your cover while providing a place to store your cover. I am looking for ways to handle my solar cover without spending $150-200. 24 ft above ground pool.

They do not in any manner aid in putting on or removing your cover. It is just a device to hang the cover once you take it off. You still have to manually wrangle that big cover yourself. IMHO you should check Craigslist, EBay or wantads for a reel in your price range or make your own. Ours cost less than $50 to make. Search the TFP site and you will find many threads on homemade reels.

NWMNMom is right. The solar saddle doesn't make it any easier to get the cover on or off, it's simply a place to store it when not in use. I have them on my 24' round since my deck is not conducive to a reel, there's really nowhere to put a rolled up cover on the deck, and I didn't want to put posts in the yard to support a reel.

I built a harness for my cover that makes getting the cover back on much easier, but it isn't any help at all for taking the cover off. That is still a matter of pull a little here, pull a little there, pull on the other side, back and forth until the cover is completely off the pool.

Given the option, I'd prefer a reel over the solar saddle. If I ever extend the deck all the way around the pool, I'll do that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.